Why you should use the organic matter
Organic matter is the carrier through which the soil nutrients become more efficient.
- Enriches the soil with the necessary macronutrients and trace elements, thereby contributing to soil fertility.
- Assists in reducing nutrient losses, thereby reducing nutrient deficiencies.
- Favors the increase of the root system.
- Improves soil physicochemical properties (composition, pH, porosity, water content, buffering capacity, ventilation, water flow, etc.).
- Reduces soil erosion and compression.
- Supports microbial activity and protects against soil diseases
Benefits of granular fertilizers
The Benefits of Granular Fertilizers
- Εasier to store
- Slow-release granules help feed crops longer into the season
- More efficient for heavy pre-plant applications
- Fewer applications are needed
The three laws of plant nutrition
- Law of the minimum: The availability of the most abundant nutrient in the soil is only as good as the availability of the least abundant nutrient in the soil. Only by increasing the amount of the limiting nutrient (the one most scarce in relation to "need") is the growth of a plant or crop improved (formulated by German scientist Justus von Liebig).
- Law of return: nutrients removed must be returned in the quantities taken away, in order to maintain a balanced ecological state and fertile soil.
- Law of diminishing returns: a small quantity of fertilizers leads to a big increase in output, meaning that when a nutrient which is deficient in the soil added, the crop yield will increase to a certain extent. This increase is not proportional to the amount of the nutrient that is added.
The application of zeolite
The application of zeolite offers a range of valuable services, such as:
- Increases the retention capacity of nutrients (the alternative of capacity amounts to 2,2- 4 meq/ g which is twice that of bentonite)
- Reduces nutrient losses due to gasification (nitrogen losses as ammonia) or water transportation (nitrites and nitrates) and thus contribute to reducing the amount of fertilizers used by 20-25%
- In combination with fertilization can help in gradual release of the nutritive elements so as not to have losses and on the other hand, supply of plants for a longer period
- Increases the water retention capacity, especially in sandy soils (zeolite retain water in an amount equal to 60% by weight of which gradually attaches to the plants)
- Neutralizes the acidic components of soil (raises the pH)
- Improves the soil structure, by decreasing the compression, and increasing ventilation
- Is a 100% natural product that can be used in organic agriculture
- Is ideally combined with active micro organisms in several applications, enhancing their activit
- As a direct consequence of all the above, increases and improves the yield of plants.